During this AP Calculus AB Summer Institute, we will explore Units 1 – 8 of the Course and Exam Description (CED):
Unit 1: Limits and Continuity
Unit 2: Differentiation: Definition and Basic Derivative Rules
Unit 3: Differentiation: Composite, Implicit, and Inverse Functions
Unit 4: Contextual Applications of Differentiation
Unit 5: Analytical Applications of Differentiation
Unit 6: Integration and Accumulation of Change
Unit 7: Differential Equations
Unit 8: Applications of Integration
This exploration will include modeling instructional approaches, using multiple representations (analytical, graphical, numerical, verbal), and communicating through appropriate presentations and justifications of solutions.
Additionally, we will:
- Discuss Access and Equity
- Overview the AP Calculus AB course
- Practice AP Scoring and Discuss Important Elements of a Complete Solution
- Share ideas, concerns, resources, etc…
Throughout this workshop, participants will:
- Discuss each section of the Course and Exam Description (CED).
- Outline the instructional plan by Unit and Topic in an academic calendar.
- Discuss examples of how AP Classroom can be utilized to develop each practice/skill.
- Practice interpreting data within the Instructional Planning Report to identify student strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify and explain various instructional strategies and tools that teachers can incorporate in their lesson plans to teach the content and skills.